Saturday, April 4, 2009

Volvo Five-O and a 1966 P1800


Answered an add on craigslist for a P1800 that needs major work. I thought, "perfect." Put my wife and son in the truck and headed out to North Hollywood to meet up with Volvo mechanic extraordinaire Trius of Volvo Five-O. He is in the middle of restoring a couple P1800s and other Volvo work. Trius is a plethora of Volvo knowledge and experience. Not to mention, he seems like a really nice guy.

The P1800 is in fair to poor shape. No engine or transmission, but little rust. Plus, it comes with a ton of extra parts. It has a busted right fender and a replacement is provided. This could be a winner. I'll spend some time thinking about it.

Trius suggests putting in another engine besides the smaller Volvo B18, but I've always liked to make things work the way they were designed. Maybe I'll get a B20 for it as a compromise. It could use more power.

www.volvofiveo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment